Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Person Letter We Got From Actor Patrick Gorman how AWESOME IS THAT!!!



Tonie & G.D.,

Mountain rendezvous sounds just right to me. When I was a boy I spent every summer in the mountains in a log cabin. Spent a lot of time in tents too. I apologize for taking so long to respond. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance here in this virtual world of Facebook. I take it you’ve contacted me because of my work in GETTYSBURG and GODS & GENERALS and I truly thank you for your support.

Here’s a proposition. I’ve been asking all the GETTYSBURG and GODS & GENERALS fans to go on-line and ‘click on’ those films, AND me in the cast. Although THE LAST FULL MEASURE is unlikely to come to the screen, we still want more Civil War films, right?

There is a ‘BAND OF BROTHERS’ version of the Civil War in development on HBO (TO APPOMATTOX) and Spielberg’s LINCOLN is also in development.

Yes, if you click on my name on the IMDb you also boost my rating as an actor – blatant self-promotion, yes! BUT it serves us both because we all want more Civil War films. Ratings are considered by the powers-that-be.

HERE’S HOW YOU DO IT:
Go on-line and log on to www.imdb.com.
At the top in SEARCH, type my name, 'Patrick Gorman' then hit GO.
The ‘Patrick Gorman’ listing will pop up.
Under my pictures is a choice of clicking on my name or ‘GETTYSBURG'.
Click on GETTYSBURG.
The film site comes up.
Scroll down ‘cast.’
Find ‘Patrick Gorman’ and click.
My site pops up again.
The same works for GODS & GENERALS.
Do this as often as you want. The ratings change weekly so it’s on-going.

I thank you in advance.
Stay healthy and stay in touch.
Patrick Gorman
a/k/a Gen’l John Bell Hood
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

(recieved this January 23, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment