Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The House and Dock That Was Used In the Horror Movie "Friday the 13th" And TV Series "Northern Exposure"


On the 12th of March 2010 my husband and I had gone with 9 of our friends. We all do the Mountain Man Rendezvous here in the Northwest. This was not a Rendezvous but it was the "Muzzle Loading Arms and Pioneer Craft Show" at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, Washington.
This was my husband and I's first time. We camped at the Boy Scouts Camp outside of Monroe, called "Camp Pigott". Really nice place and a lot of fun.
On the way going into Camp Pigott of the Boy Scout Camp there was a cool looking old, old log cabin sitting on a small lake. It looked kind of spooky but also familiar. And I later found out why!
Later when one of the Camp Rangers got there we asked them if anyone lived in the old cabin. WOW we found out how cool this cabin really was!!!
This cool cabin was used a couple of times in the horror movie "Friday the 13th", "Jason" was the main character and a spooky one at that. In my photo here, I am standing in front of the cabin, standing on the same dock that Jason in these movie came out from under to kill his victim's. I walked out to the very end of this dock. It was a really creepy feeling out there even though I knew it was just a flippin' movie. But this place was so, so cool! I don't know what scenes where constructed at this place, I just think it's the cats meow to have the honor to have stumbled on this treasure!
Also...this same cabin was used in the TV Series "Northern Exposure". This is probably on of the main reason why it looked so familiar. I watched this show alot when I was living in California for 6-7 years. The character "Maurice J. Minnifield" was played by actor Barry Corbin, lived in this same cabin in the TV Series "Northern Exposure". This I felt was the neatest thing of this whole trip. Thank You Camp Pigott for letting us camp here and explore this amazing cabin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment