Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Satan's School For Girls", Leann Hutchins and Me!

I married Frank Joiner Jr. at the age of 16....Yes, I'm from Weippe. Through out all my years growing up in Weippe, Idaho my Best Friend was Leann Hutchins. We spent a lot of time together, through thick and thin! Frank and I lived in a small house in town. I don't remember why he was not home for that night. Leann came over to spend the night with me, so not to be along. It was a Friday night. I remember that because Leann (same age as me) grew up as a Seventh Adventist. They don't do certain things during their Sabbath...like watching tv! Guess what we was doing....YES WATCHING A SCARY MOVIE on tv. That movie was "Satan's School For Girls"
This 8:00 movie was really scary! Leann and I was on the edge of our seats through this whole movie. Funny how something back then would scare us to the edge, like this movie did. Leann and I was getting right into. Towards the end and the scariest part of the movie, the phone rang...OMG...Scared us girls so bad, we both jumped out of our seats, looking at each other... SCREAMING. It wasn't until the phone rang a second time, that we realized it was the phone ringing. We turned off the sound just in case it was Leann's mom and sure enough it was. I look back at this night quite often. My children have heard this story and so have others that I've gotten to know through all the years. Every since then I have search for this movie cause I wanted to see it again. Wondering what it was that made it so scary then and wondered if it would be scary now.
I was living in Santa Rosa, Califonia about 13-14 years ago. My good friend, Bill Cox and I went to the big Mall there. We had stopped at a shop and was looking through some movies. Guess what I found....YES...."SATAN'S SCHOOL FOR GIRLS". There was several old movies on this one DVD. You bet I bought it! We watched it once we got back home.
WOW...funny, man movies have really come a long way. It was so very scary then but now....wow. Movies have really come a very long ways from what they use to be. But, at the time it was really, realy scary! Thank You, Leann for giving me such a great memory and something to talk about all these years.

1 comment:

  1. Well I am still a wimp. Labyrinth with David Bowie scares me. I am the lightest of lightweights.

    ReplyDelete