Monday, February 7, 2011

"Peanuts" the well fed dog

abt 1970 , Weippe, Clearwater Co, Idaho, USA

Memories written by Grand-daughter Tonie (Kannada) Campbell on Ancestry.com

I remember as a young girl our family lived in a small town in Northern Idaho, called Weippe. In is located in the Clearwater Mountains. Population 713. In the year of 2007 I went there the population is now 416.

We lived in a mobile home just outside of town on a 5 acres of land. My dad, Leroy build an addition on to the back door for Grandma Sarah "Sally" (Goswick) Pike. I can't recall how long she lived with us. Gramdma Pike had a little dog. His name was "Peanut". My dad, Leroy was a logger working for Carl Finke. My mom, Beverly was working at a small grocery store in town, place called Snyder's.

My dad, Leroy hunted a lot so we had lots of meat in our deep freezer. Mom, (Beverly) became confused about the disappearing of alot of this meat in the freezer. She couldn't figure it out. This went on for sometime. Mom (Beverly) came home early one day to find the answer to the disappearing meat. Grandma Pike was sitting at the kitchen table. On the floor there was a plate with a large Elk steak all fried up and cut into tiny peices so "Peanuts" could eat it.

My Grandma loved her dog just as much as she loved all of us. I, myself think that's pretty dare cool

No comments:

Post a Comment