Monday, February 7, 2011

The - rrinaldi.com Story



McMinnville, Oregon

My Uncle Corky ( everyone else knows him as "Curt"... real name Cortez Jr.) Has a true love of airplanes. He has flown and owned a few of his own. I hope that someday he'll write his story in our web site Ancestry.com because they are worth reading. He doesn't fly planes any more. One day he called me up... told me to check out this web site and make sure I checked out the photo's. Well, I thought I had. What a goof I was- he is in some of the photo's on this " rrinaldi.com " web site. The story is even just as neat. Our Uncle Corky help build this Sopwith Camel, World War I Fighter Plane in the photo's in the web site. This Sopwith Camel is now park right next to the famous Howard Hughes plane, "the Spruce Goose", at the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville Oregon. Please do check out the web site, it is worth reading and see the photo's of Uncle Corky and the others assembling this World War I gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment