Tuesday, April 6, 2010

As The Head Lights Hit The Wall, I Knew It Was A Police Car Sitting In My Driveway

It was about 1993. My kids and I loved to drag out our pillows and blankets, lay on the livingroom floor, snuggle up and watch tv together. We did this a lot. Yes...Little Mermaid and what ever they wanted to watch, even if we've watched it a million times before. Or I would read to them.
But on this certain night it was just Stephanie about 7 years old and Amanda Rae about 4 years old and myself. Jeremy was 16 years old and out with his friends. The girls had fell asleep so I turn off the lights and the tv, laid with them as they loved to cuddle.
I don't remember what time it was when the living room door opened. I could tell by the light that had hit the living room wall... was that of a police car. Jeremy says to me, "Don't get up mom, I will tell you in a minute what happened", I asked him "Is that a Policeman outside?" "Yes" he tells me. He promised to tell me what was happening and I knew that he would and be honest about it, he has never lied to me. Still to this day and he's 32 now, hasn't!
So...my son goes through the house, flipping on all the lights and hollering "Mom?" as he did. After doing this he goes back outside and talks with the Officer. My son comes back into the house, shutting the door behind him. He sits down beside me and tells me the whole story, how he was at a party, the Police showed up and busted it up. The Officer that brought Jeremy home was one that I knew because we got to know a lot of them when there was a drive by shooting of Jeremy's sister, Stacie's home. Jeremy told me the whole story, this Officer wanted to talk to me but Jeremy wanted to tell me first. That's why he came into the house and did as he did. Jeremy told the Officer that he would have me call him in the morning, that he promised he would tell me everything, he never broke that promise. I called that Officer that next morning. Everything was okay! I am VERY PROUD OF MY SON!

No comments:

Post a Comment