Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Cure For "Mom, I Forgot My Homework At Home, Can You Bring It To School For Me" Blues

My son, Jeremy always did his homework, NEVER forgot to take it to school! BUT.... his sisters weren't so lucky! Stephanie only a couple of times but my Dear Little Amanda Rae was ALWAYS FORGETTING her home work at home.
We was living in Santa Rosa, California. The girls were going to the Sheppard Elementary School. Great school, I must say.
I would get a phone call in the morning from my Little Amanda Rae. Telling me that she forgot her homework could I please bring it to school. We lived walking distant, but I had a bicycle that I usually rode. This happened more than enough times, I had to come up with a new idea, because grounding didn't work, not getting to do some fun things didn't work. So I put my little head to work on my new idea.
And this is what I did..... AND IT WORKED....IT REALLY WORKED.... SO WELL THAT THE TEACHER'S STARTED TELLING OTHER PARENT'S WHAT I DID, SO THEY COULD USE IT, TOO!!!!
Each time I got that phone call.....
I would either put a couple of hair rollers in my hair on one side and rat the other side, every time I would mix it up, I would roll up "one" pant leg, with "a" wild stripped color sock on that foot, and "a" solid color of sock on the other foot, this pant leg normal. One time I wore shoes that didn't match, my shirt partly untuck, wear my makeup only on one side and not the other, even wore a "Jester" hat once or twice. Anything that would be out of the norm for me. And I gladly went to her school and straight to her class room and WALKED RIGHT IN!!!! I always rode my bike, actually it was a lot of fun. BUT GUESS WHAT! THE PHONE CALLS ENDED, SHE LEARNED THAT SHE BETTER TAKE HER HOMEWORK TO SCHOOL BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HER MOM WOULD COME UP WITH NEXT.
The Sheppard Elementary Teachers were amazed in my effort and how well it really worked. They told me that they were telling other parents who had the same problem, of what I had done and how well and quickly it worked.
I Love My Kids and I Would Do Anything That Will Help Them To Get It Right!
And this is my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment