Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter Mama, R.I.P. (My letter to my mama)


Dear Mama,
Heaven 2001, R.I.P.
Written Easter Sunday, March 4th, 2010
Hi mama,
Lillian and I came to see you today. We placed 3 beautiful roses in your vase. One for Lillian and her families. One for Debbie and her family. And one from Me and my families.
Then Lillian and I went to the Sportsman's Bar where you and dad (Bill) use to go. We had one beer together, (something her and I have never done before) and talked about how we missed you. I couldn't get her to play a game of pool with me though. LOL.
Mama... I miss you so, so much. A lot has happened since you went away. The day of your funeral one of your tulips actually came out and bloomed in the snow. I knew then you were finally okay and out of pain.
Well, Jeremy grew up to be so handsome, is going to be 33 years old this year. He's still very much in love with Stevanie and and she very much loves him. I'm glad that you were still here when they were married. They have a little boy, his name is "Nike" Jeremy Steven Campbell, (looked so tiny like Jeremy when he has born) yes... Nike like the tennis shoe and that's just how Nike will tell you if you call him Mikey. He is 6 years old now and mama you should see him skate. Yea he skates just like his daddy, though I bet you already know this. Mom, wish you could hold him and tickle him and give him Halloween candy or hide eggs and watch him look for them, watch his eye light up when he sees all those presents on Christmas Day that are for him. He's so adorable mama.
Stephanie grew up to be absolutely beautiful, is now 23 years old, married Jacob DeBerg, she met him at the Campbell's family reunion. He was a friend of Rick, Kathy's husband. In December she had a little baby girl and I got to watch her be born, later I cried that night cause I was wishing you were here. Her name is Araeah Faith DeBerg. She looks like Stephanie, and guess what, you remember how everyone said that she had your lower lip, Araeah has it too! Stephanie and I talk about that a lot. She is so beautiful.
And my little Amanda Rae, she has grown up to be absolutely gorgeous. she's a little lost right now. Could you please keep an eye one her for me. Give her a little guiding, she'll be okay I know. I worry about her and I can't help it, she's my baby girl. She bought a 25th Anniversary Corvette on her 19th birthday, it sits out here at our place, it cost too much to drive. I gave her my old car. Hard to believe she is going to be 21 this month and that really scares me! I am going to take her to the Holiday Inn in Caldwell, so she can get her first Birthday drink at the same place I got mine.
Well, mama a handsome and very sweet and gentle man swept me off my feet, his name is Gerald. He treats me like a queen. I know that you would be very proud of me, I have a 2001 Dodge, Dakota pickup a lot like Lillian's that dad left her when he died. We have a 5 bedroom home with 3 quarters of an acre lawn and 1 quarter of an acre of field and also a 2009 GMC pickup. I still have Little One who was born right after you died.
Well mama, I love you and think of you every single day and talk to you often, I hope that you hear me. Holiday's are still really hard for me. I always seem to cry. I promise to write to you again some day.
I LOVE AND I MISS YOU! Hugs and Kisses
Your Loving Daughter
Tonie

Written to my mom
Beverly Jean
January 02, 1937 - January 23, 2001

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful Tonie I also miss my Mom very much but they will always be with us And i believe we will see them again one day.

    ReplyDelete