Sunday, January 10, 2010

How I Met My Husband

In 2006 I was Floor Maintenance at Wal-Mart here in Nampa. I did everything from sweeping, moping, waxing, buffing and the only one who did floor tile replacing. What ever needing done... I did!
GD would come in there late at night or early in the morning to do his shopping. He doesn't do crowds well. He always stopped and wanted to talk. He kept asking me out for coffee. I didn't have time for any relationship. I worked and I slept my life away. I had even told him at one time shortly before this situation what I'm about to tell you about had happened, that I would met him for coffee. I got off work early and totally forgot about the coffee date. I went home to bed...
Then early one morning, I was running "Big Blue" (a 300 pound floor scrubber). GD stopped me, handed me an envelope. He said to me that he knew I was busy doing my job, so he wrote me a note. Interesting...this guy hadn't given up yet! But I'm so glad he hadn't.
So, on my break I had gone out to my car. Opened the envelope and thought to myself 'Wow, this is not a note. This was a letter'. He wrote a little bit about himself. It was a nice letter, well put together. In this letter he invited me out to breakfast or dinner (my choice, because of my work hours). This date was for September the 9th. It would be his birthday. I thought to myself...that yes, I can do this. No one should spend their birthday alone.
I called the phone number that he added in this note. I said "Yes". We went to dinner at "Apple Bees" on the blvd.
I got for his birthday... how funny this is! "A styraform Airplane" but also one for me. My plan was, after dinner that the two of us would go to Lakeview Park. There is a nice hill there to stand on top and throw the planes off. We had fun and that really broke the ice. We have been together EVERY SINCE. I Love This Man With ALL MY HEART. And have to say he treats me like a Queen!
I'm so glad that he never gave up that one last time...He wrote me a "NOTE". To this day that so called Note is in my wallet and it will always be!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, my experience is: friends who have been chased usually get the good men. As for me... sigh, they run pretty fast, lol ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow mommy thats so beautiful i never knew the whole story. almost beats mine. but jeff foxworthy made a joke about us. lol love you guys

    ReplyDelete