Sunday, January 17, 2010

Today I'm Happy....Everyday I"m Happy....

I have endured some pretty rough roads through out my life. Just about every single job I have ever worked someone or more has asked "Are you always this happy?" My thoughts are... Why Not?
I grew up in my childhood getting beat by my dad so much that Welfare threatened to take me away from my family, I was 15 years old. I swear everywhere we ever lived was a willow tree. My dad had this process for me (just last year I found out why) but this was not with my sister Debbie. She got away with murder...SHE WAS DADDY's LITTLE GIRL! She had him wrapped around her pinkie.
Anyway back to the willow tree. When my dad wanted to beat me, I had to go out and cut my own willow switch. This switch had to have the right withe and the right length. If it wasn't, right back out I had to go! Then I had to soak it in the bath tub for 10 minutes in hot salt water. Take the switch out into the living room where my dad waited patiently. My job, then was to bend over with out a single word, grab my ankles. Then 3 slashes (never more, never less) but they were the hardest that he could give. My poor mama couldn't help me cause if she said a single word he'd beat the crap out of her. And I didn't want her to say a word either. We, both would be scared. His idea was that I would think about whatever I had done through out this process that I wouldn't do it ever again. The thing is sometimes I didn't do anything.
It was a school policy that girls had to wear dresses or skirts, no higher than the knees. Apparently... My dad hit me below the knee. Someone from the school made a phone call. That's when Welfare people came to the school, talked to my teacher's, etc. and me. Then they went to the Weippe Library where my mom worked.Told my mom what has to be done. Get me out of that house or they would take me out themselves.
But oddly as it seems, I Love My Dad. I couldn't hurt him this way...Why? I have no clue. But, I hated him, too. The main reason was the way he had beat my mom all these years. It wasn't all the time you see. But when he did they were bad! It's because of her beatings that I hated him the most. I would rather that he beat on me... NOT MY MOM!!!
This was when my mom and I had to come up with a plan. I had been dating Frank Joiner since I was 14 years old. I Love Him... I married him when I was 16 in 1973. But my mom was still there. A year later he beat my mom one last time. She left and never returned!
My life will never be saddened again. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE LIFE TO IT'S FULLEST!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment