Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rewards Of A Job... That I Love So Well


I work for Southside Floral in Nampa, Idaho. I'm the one who drives to peoples homes to deliver to them flowers, fruit baskets or what ever was sent to them. I have worked here since the end of March of 2009...wow, almost a year now!
Last summer, there was a delivery in Middleton, Idaho that I remember so well. This house was huge and sitting on the highest hill around in that area. You can see for miles and miles. Absolutely beautiful.
Friday (January 29th. 2010), Tammy (one of our designers) took a call while I was out in Middleton delivering. This call was from the lady on the hill. The lady told Tammy that this was the day of her sister's birthday who had died last summer. This sister was the reason why I had gone there in the first place. A sympathy delivery.
The lady on the hill loved the flowers she got back then, that they lasted a very long time. She wanted to send flowers now to her 2 sisters and her mom because it was her sister that had past, birthday. She was crying while talking to Tammy.
The lady on the hill then asked if the lady that delivered to her this past summer still worked for Southside Floral. Yes! Tammy told her. This lady then told Tammy that it was me that she wanted to deliver these deliveries. She absolutely loved me! Tammy also made a delivery for the lady on the hill...So I deliver to her too! She gave me a huge hug. Not only did I make her day...she made mine! I REALLY LOVE MY JOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment