Thursday, January 14, 2010

How A Mistake Of A Phone Call Brought the Police To Our Front Door Today!

I was sitting here playing with my farmville on FaceBook. There was a loud knock on the front door. Nobody that we know ever knocks on the door, they use the door bell.
I looked out the window expecting to see a car. No car or cars in the driveway.
My husband had been on the phone for the past little while trying to get info on his new Health Insurance that he now has.
I got up and opened my front door. Wow......3 Police Officer's standing there. Immediately...my heart went into fear. That's my biggest fear is someday an Officer will come to my door with bad news of one of my children.
One of the Officers asked if our address was "2620", I said "Yes". Then he asked if "Gerald Wright was home", immediately...fear that something happened to one of his kids! I may not of given them birth...but they are mine, too!
I invited these Officers in.
That same Officer then asked "Has someone used this phone in the last 10 to 12 minutes?" I thought to myself, that no one has been here a borrowed our phone. Only my husband had been on it.
To my surprise, my husband started apologizing. He got out his card and showed the Officer that he started dialing what he thought was the phone number for his Health Insurance. Once he dialed the 911 he hung up immediately, realizing that couldn't be right. He thought he hung up in time. BUT...with in 5 minutes after he had made that mistake, we had 3 Officers standing in my living room. Then when I looked towards the front door, we had a 4th. Officer. It's a GOOD FEELING to know that even though it was a mistake they will be at our front door in full force in 5 minutes if that day ever comes. By the time they left, they were all laughing at the mistake of a members number. My poor handsome husband............Gotta Love Him! And I DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment