Friday, January 22, 2010

IN LOVING MEMORY OF "Annie" Waltman....My Best Friend Forever!


I've known Annie seems like all my life! But it was not long before my son, Jeremy was born. We spend all theses years as the BEST of friends.
Before Christmas of 2006 Annie disappeared off the face of the earth to reappear in January of 2007. But I never saw her until February. Unknown to me until much later that she had returned home with bruises to her head until things started happening. She always told me of everything until now! We were the BEST OF SISTERS. I was so much closer to her than I ever was to my real sisters Debbie and Lillian, but I am this close with my dear sister Patty.
Anyhow....Annie started having seizures. The more time past, the worst they got and the more they came.
At the time even though she was having them, I didn't know that she didn't have a clue that she was having these seizures. I even spent much time with her talking about all this. Later I learned, all she knew is she would find herself laying on the floor. She'd all of a sudden be wearing her coffee her food etc. but didn't understand why. I didn't know that she didn't understand she was having these seizures. In March I tried to convince her it was doctor time. She kept denying that she was broken. But I knew and I wanted her fixed. It broke my heart. Finally I just made an appointment for her with my doctor (I paid every cent of these visits). Dr Penny, she was great. Dr. Penny knew what Annie meant to me. She started running all kinds of test, blood work etc.... One of the things Annie was lacking was Vitamin D. So I was taking Annie in every single day for a Vitamin D shot. She was getting a little better.
In May I was going over to see her every day. I took her these special drinks to her that I was buying her at Wal-Mart (I can't remember what it's called...My Ginkgo Biloba doesn't work that far back I guess LOL!)
Annie's boyfriend Lynn, of 10 years could get Annie to eat much. She was still having many seizures she was loosing weight, so these drinks helped a little. Dr Penny even set Annie up with a MRI at Mercy Hospital, Annie's seizures were getting worse. I stayed right by her side through it all. They put this thing on her head in hopes she could remain very still. But her seizures wouldn't stop, the MRI was cancelled. Dr. Penny, bless her heart, the MRI was on her. So we had to come up with money for a visit to a place that had a special machine $175.00. It is now May and still not a clue of what is happening to my BEST, BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. I got the money together for this special test that was set up for the week and a half after Mother's Day.
The Thursday before Mother's Day I went to check on Annie, and tell Lynn that the next day (which was Friday) she had to go to Dr. Penny for her last Vitamin D shot. He promised to take her in.
She was up playing on the computer and seemed like all of a sudden she was much better that day. I was excited. My husband and I left for Twin Falls, to visit with
some friends for the weekend.
We returned home on Mothers Day. I went to see how Annie was doing as soon as we hit the driveway. I was horrified of what I found!
Lynn was sound asleep next to Annie as she laid there in a constant seizure, foaming at the mouth in a coma. I woke his ass up and told him was to get her dressed immediately so I can take her to the Emergency Room at St Luke's in Meridian. I ran home to tell my husband what I found, (I only lived 3 blocks from Annie) I called St Luke's told them I was coming and told them that they couldn't put Annie in a wheel chair. They didn't listen to me either. They wanted to send a ambulance but I knew that would be too late! I immediately got back, Lynn was waiting outside with Annie's Lifeless body and put her in my car, I was so mad at him at this point!!!! As soon as I got to the hospital they were waiting with a wheelchair...I told the guy that there was no way a wheel chair would work. He told me different. He took her out of the car tried to put her in the wheel chair and couldn't, she was in constant seizures and stiff as a board!!! He jumped in my car and drove her to a different door and ran her in himself.
MY friend, my friend, my friend....what was happening this isn't happening to my best friend, my sister, my buddy, my world. Annie...Annie. They stuck her in an Ambulance and off to Boise, fast we went. I was following in my car, flashers on speeding in hopes she would make it that far. She did. I called her sister, and they tried to blame me. But later they realized it was because of me that she didn't die sooner. But they blocked me from seeing her just family they said. My heart was broken in million of peices. They day she died I was allowed to go see her. I send several hours with her. I whispered to her, that it is okay go, she didn't need to suffer any more, that I will always love her.
That evening at 9:00 on June 29th I was at home sitting on my my front porch no wind at all, beautiful sunset I looked into the sunset and said "Annie are you okay?" and then there was a breeze and a chill on my skin and I knew that it was her telling me she was okay. She died at 3 minutes after nine. Every day I miss my best friend I LOVE YOU ALWAYS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment